INSURANCE FOR THE CIVIL & CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
What is a Contractors All Risk Insurance policy?
A Contractors All Risk Insurance Policy is a policy which insures the principal/ employer and covers the contract works undertaken by the contractor and sub contractors.
CivilSure offers 2 types of Contractors All Risk Insurance policy:
This Contractors All Risk Insurance policy is taken on a once-off basis. When you are awarded a tender, we will provide you with quote for cover on that specific project based on it’s value and risks. The cover will end when the project is complete.
This Contractors All Risk Insurance policy is slightly more comprehensive than the once off policy. You will be quoted on your Annual Projection and Maximum Contract Value. The Contractors All Risk Insurance policy will cover all your projects undertaken in the year of the policy inception. The premium is generally lower than the Contractors All Risk Once Off policy if you work it out annually.
The Contractors All Risk Insurance Policy covers the following risks:
- The Contract works
- Spread of Fire
- Surrounding property
- Debris removal
- Public liability
- Transit and Storage Limit
- Theft of Cables
- Piping & Wiring and more on request.
- Annual policies also allow the addition of Plant All Risk Cover.
With notable exclusions such as:
- No wooden or thatch buildings unless specifically declared
- Excludes offshore risks, shaft sinking, underground mining, and tunneling – unless specifically declared
- Excludes defective workmanship, material & design
- Excludes Professional Indemnity for engineers or architects (fault / error of professional people)
- Excludes Loss of or damage to vehicles licensed for general road use or waterborne vessels or aircraft
- No cover for principal’s advanced loss of profits – cover is available – (please advise if you require this)
- Excluded contractors plant, tools and equipment- cover is available – (please advise if you require this)
- Excludes Plant hired in – cover is available – (please advise if you require this)
To find out more about our CivilSure Insurance Policies, Contact us: 080 777 777 1.
If you would like a quote, you can do so here:
THE LEGAL STUFF
CivilSure is a product of iTribe (Pty) Ltd | FSP Number - 49912
Website designed by: CREATIVEmarketing.media